Tuesday 9 February 2016

Andy Murray and wife welcome the birth of their daughter

British Tennis star Andy Murray and Kim Sears have welcomed the birth of a baby girl on Sunday.

The couple got married last year April in Dunblane.

Shirley Erskine, Andy Murray's grandmother said she was delighted at her great granddaughter's arrival.

Andy Murray said his family would be a priority, during the last Australian Open.

The world number two made it clear that he would have cut short his first grand slam of the year and flown home if the baby had arrived earlier than expected.

He said, My child is more important to me, and my wife is more important to me, than a tennis match. 

"It's a big change for me and my wife, but that's the current priority and I'll see after that.

"I have no idea how that will change things. I still love tennis."

"We didn't know what the baby's sex was going to be. Andy and Kim said from the outset that they didn't want to know."


No comments: