Tuesday 16 February 2016

Debuchy blast Wenger for blocking move to English giant

Mathieu Debuchy has stated he is disappointed with Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, for preventing him from joining English Premier League rivals Manchester United on Transfer Deadline Day.

Wenger had blocked the move to Manchester United because he did not want to sell to a direct rival. The France right-back was still allowed to leave the Emirates Stadium joining Ligue 1 side Bordeaux on loan until the end of the season. Injury problems and the unexpected emergence of Hector Bellerin have confined the Frenchman to the bench. 

Debuchy added he was frustrated by Wenger’s refusal to approve a move to Old Trafford and feels he was denied a “magnificent” opportunity.

“I was disappointed, obviously. If I had the chance to go to Manchester United it would have been magnificent,” he told Canal+.

“Unfortunately it wasn’t the case. I discussed it with the coach too, who said that obviously he couldn’t help out a rival.

“Yes, I’m a little bit annoyed with him. It’s his choice.”

The 30-year-old has played just twice in the Premier League and said Wenger had gone back on his promise to give him game time this season. 

“I came back well this summer, I had a good preseason,” he added.

“I was able to talk to him to know my future at Arsenal. He said that I would have game time and that we would discuss it in December. Unfortunately, I didn’t have this game time.”

No comments: