Monday 21 March 2016

Jay Jay Okocha honoured during PSG's home game against Monaco

Nigerian legend Jay Jay Okocha was honoured during the game between Paris Saint Germain and Monaco last night. 


Okocha had a hugely successful time at the French Giants after signing in 1998 and it was the chance for the Nigerian to see the special place he still holds in the hearts of the Parisian public. 


He took the celebrity kick-off before the beginning of the game and took the time to remember the moment he signed in the French capital: "It was an obvious choice for me to sign for Paris Saint-Germain. The atmosphere during the World Cup was incredible when I played for my country, so I didn't hesitate at all when I received the offer to play for Paris Saint-Germain."


Okocha added: "I still follow the team's performance. I'm jealous of the players that are here today - it must be a dream to play in this team now. The current owners have invested a lot of money, but brought stability and ambition. Today, Paris Saint-Germain is in its rightful place. I'm proud to call myself a Parisian and happy to see the team right at the top of the game."


It was however not a happy return for him as his side lost 2-0 to Monaco. 

No comments: