Thursday 31 March 2016

Empire star Serayah covers Rollingout Magazine

American sweetheart and Empire star Serayah covers the latest issue of Rolling Out magazine.

Serayah vs. Tiana: A fight to be heard beyond the #Empire screams

There is an unspoken blessing and curse as it relates to being associated with the biggest show on television — the obvious blessing, of course, being the euphoric avalanche of fame, which comes with being a part of such a beloved show. Such is the case for most of the cast of Fox’s cultural phenomenon “Empire.” Save for the two main stars who had previously carved out notable careers (Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson), the show is mainly comprised of relative newcomers whose stars have been thrust into the stratosphere seemingly overnight thanks to the success of the Lyon family. 
That’s an indisputable blessing.

As “Empire” prepares for its highly anticipated spring return, there is one star who has done an admirable job of carving a place for herself that exists outside of the show. Enter Serayah, the ravishing beauty who captivated our attention as Tiana Brown. With a recently announced CoverGirl deal completed, as well as the ink drying on a new record contract with Sony Music, things are suddenly looking rosy in the land of Serayah. 
If things go according to plan, this will be the year that you learn her name.

That’s like one of the most important things to me, as it relates to me and my character. When the show first came out, people would see me and say, “Oh my God, it’s Tiana.” But now it’s changed as they come up and say, “Aren’t you Serayah?” You don’t understand how much that means to me, because I want my music to be taken seriously as Serayah … and I want other projects to be taken seriously as Serayah. I know that Tiana is such a big character to me because it’s my first, but I also want them to see that there’s so much more to me other than this character.
Credit: rollingout 

No comments: