Sunday 10 April 2016

American Idol crowns its last winner- Trent Harmon

After 15seasons, American idol crowned its final winner Trent Harmon last Thursday, in a star studded farewell show.

The 25year old, waiter, beat La Porsha  to the title.  It was a surprise win for Harmon, as the judges had tipped 22-year-old Renae to win. He fell to the floor after he was announced the winner and tearfully praised his rival. "I know that I have a God-given ability, but I didn't want to take it for granted. I wanted to work so, so hard, and [Renae] pushed me to do it," he said.

Harmon worked as a waiter before auditioning for the American Idol at his family's restaurant.

Runner up winner, Renae is a single mother, who overcame domestic abuse to compete in the show and won support from the judges for her powerful voice.

In an announcement last May, Fox said it was ending the long-running talent show would end after its 15th season.

No comments: