Tuesday 14 June 2016

"I can assure you it has been tough, and it is still tough. It might get even tougher in the very near future"- Gov. Adams



Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, Nigeria   has admitted that it has been tough but that will not prevent his administration from providing basic social amenities to the people of Edo State as promised during his electioneering campaigns. 


The Governor said this during the flag-off of the Uzebba-Okpuje-Okabhor Road in Owan West Local Government Area of the state.

“Like I promised during the electioneering campaign in 2007, I said I have not come to join people to lament the misrule of PDP. I have not come to shed tears about missed opportunities. I have come together with my colleagues on a rescue mission, to show that whatever they say was not possible, to demonstrate that it is possible and that everything they refused to do, we will try to do them".

“We started by building schools, and I am sure in this local government, you have what they now call the red roof schools. I am sure in a couple of places, we have also sunk boreholes, and I am sure some of your sons and daughters who are working for the Edo State Government, their salaries for May have been paid, and the wage has even been increased".

“I can assure you it has been tough, and it is still tough. It might get even tougher in the very near future. But there is nothing we have started in this state under my stewardship that we have abandoned. And therefore, this one is yet another project that we will complete. It will not be abandoned. Even if oil price crashes to zero, this road will be done.”  he stated.

No comments: