Wednesday 27 January 2016

Adebayor aims for Drogba's record after completing Palace move

New Crystal Palace signing Emmanuel Adebayor say he is aiming to break Didier Drogba's record as the highest-scoring African in the history of the Premier League. 

The Togolese international requires nine goals to surpass Didier Drogba's 104 Premier League goals. Palace will hope that the striker, who has been signed on till the end of the season, will go on a scoring run as they seek to secure one of the European places available. 

The former Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur striker says that beating the Ivorian's total would be the biggest achievement of his career.

"What I have achieved in football so far, I’m quite happy with,” he told the club's official website. “Togo has been Togo for how many years? And I am the only one to have the chance to play in the Premier League and score that amount of goals, so I am already blessed with that.

“If I can beat the record it would be the best thing that’s ever happened to me in my career, if not I will still be happy. The most important thing as a striker will be to score goals."


No comments: