Monday 15 February 2016

Remi Garde feels sorry for fans after Liverpool thrashing

Aston Villa manager Remi Garde say he feels sorry for the fans after they were completely destroyed by Liverpool 6-0. Thousands of Villa fans walked out before the end of the game in what was another capitulation from the relegation-bound side. 

The defeat was Villa's heaviest defeat at home in the Premier League and left the manager questioning the fight and desire of his side.  

He said: “I feel humiliation when you concede six goals at home without scoring. It’s very painful. We don’t have time to moan too much, we have to concentrate on the next game.

“I have a lot of feelings but I will keep some for myself. The first 15 minutes we were not too bad but we gave them the first goal. We have 12 games to go, there’s still the possibility to win these games and we have to fight for it. I will find 11 or 18 players who still have the desire to win those games.”

Villa have now lost 16 games this season but this was particularly demoralizing and the manager wasted no time in labeling it his worst result as a manager. 

“I saw that as well,” he said when questioned about Villa’s lack of fight. “In the previous weeks and games it was not the case. I always knew this was a very fragile situation.

The Frenchman, however, said he believed his side could still win enough matches and stay up despite the heavy defeat.

“It is only one game and then of course as I said earlier, Liverpool is a very good team with so many talented players. Hopefully we won’t play such a good team every week until the end [of the season],” he added. 

“But I still believe we can win games and hopefully it will be enough to be safe.”

No comments: