Tuesday 1 March 2016

Ruben Loftus-Cheek renews contract with Chelsea football club

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Ruben Loftus-Cheek has signed a new contract until 2021.

The 20-year-old talented midfielder said: ‘I’m delighted to sign a new contract at Chelsea and my focus is on working hard in training every day in order to push on and establish myself in the team. It really means a lot because this shows the club believe in me so I’m really happy.

‘The club have done so much for me since I started here as an Under-8 and now I want to repay the faith they’ve shown in me with my performances on the pitch.’

Loftus-Cheek, who has so far made 13 appearances for the Blues, made his debut in a Champions League game against Sporting Lisbon in December 2014 and had his first taste of Premier League action a month later as a substitute in a 1-1 draw against Manchester City.

In February 2015 he was brought into the first-team squad on a permanent basis and made his first start in a home game against Liverpool towards the end of last season.

Loftus-Cheek, who has earned eight caps for England Under-21s, scored his maiden Chelsea goal in our FA Cup win over Scunthorpe United in January.

He has enjoyed huge success for our younger sides, winning the FA Youth Cup in 2012 and 2014, the Under-21 Premier League in 2014 and the UEFA Youth League in 2015.

Meanwhile, under-21 squad defender Dion Conroy has also signed a new contract until 2018.

The 20-year-old defender was part of our Academy teams which won the Under-21 Premier League and FA Youth Cup in 2013/14.

News credit: Chelsea website

No comments: